No harm in showing off when you are at the top of your game is there? In the nicest possible way of course! Just look at all the Olympians – fantastic stuff!
Now that face-to-face events are open again, companies are looking at ways to go for gold in front of customers and contacts. I was looking at the list of exhibitors for KBB 2022 and noticed that only a few are actually shouting about the fact that they will be there (cross everything!)
So I put together a to-do list for those who are planning on getting out and about again soon.
If you are looking at your exhibition diary and where you would like to go as a company, think about these steps in the run-up.
- Put the event logo on the front page of your website, and your sign-offs, so that people know where and when they can view your wares.
- Tell your customers – and keep telling them.
- Tell your potentials and targets.
- Talk to the designer – what was the thinking behind the stand? Write about it.
- Develop a social media calendar so that you are regularly promoting your attendance.
- Increase your followers and get them talking about the show by conversing with interested parties – the organisers, the media, other exhibitors, the venue, the associations………….
- Create relevant content for your website and blogs – talk about the exhibition.
- Ask the organisers how they can help you in terms of PR. What is their PR plan?
- Populate your news pages with teasers – what can visitors expect to see?
- Liaise with journalists and inform them too – follow the key contacts and send them regular really good content.
- Prepare media packs.
- Offer your company as a speaker or be an element of a seminar.
- Sponsor the awards if there are any – or buy a table.
I could go on but like to keep some things secret so we can talk further.
If you need any help in your pre-exhibition promotional programme, please visit tayloralden.co.uk and email email@example.com